Vijay Ramanan, PhD
Education: BS, Honors Mathematics, University of Notre Dame, 2006 MD/PhD student, Indiana University School of Medicine
Research Interests : I am interested in understanding the genetic predictors of dementia and memory performance in normal cognitive aging. My research utilizes genomic and multimodal phenotype data, including cognitive and neuropsychological assessments, biomarker assays, and neuroimaging, from several large human study cohorts.
1. Ramanan VK, Risacher SL, Nho K, Kim S, Swaminathan S, Shen L, Foroud TM, Hakonarson H, Huentelman MJ, Aisen PS, Petersen RC, Green RC, Jack CR, Koeppe RA, Jagust WJ, Weiner MW and Saykin AJ. APOE and BCHE as modulators of cerebral amyloid deposition: a florbetapir PET genome-wide association study. MolecularPsychiatry 2013
2. Nho K, Corneveaux JJ, Kim S, Lin H, Risacher SL, Shen L, Swaminathan S, Ramanan VK, Liu Y, Foroud TM, Inlow MH, Siniard AL, Reiman RA, Aisen PS, Petersen RC, Green RC, Jack CR, Weiner MW, Baldwin CT, Lunetta K, Farrer LA, for the Multi-Institutional Research on Alzheimer’s Genetic Epidemiology (MIRAGE) Study, Furney SJ, Lovestone S, Simmons A, Mecocci P, Vellas B, Tsolaki M, Kloszewska I, Soininen H, for the AddNeuroMed Consortium, McDonald BC, Farlow MR, Ghetti B, for the Indiana Memory and Aging Study, Huentelman MJ, Saykin AJ, for the Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI). Molecular Psychiatry, 2013 (In Press).
3. Ramanan VK, Kim S, Holohan K, Shen L, Nho K, Risacher SL, Foroud TM, Mukherjee S, Crane PK, Aisen PS, Petersen RC, Weiner MW, and Saykin AJ, for the Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI). Brain Imaging and Behavior, 2012; 6(4):634-48.
4. Ramanan VK, Shen L, Moore JH, and Saykin AJ. Pathway analysis of genomic data: concepts, methods, and prospects for future development. Trends in Genetics, 2012; 28(7):323-32.
5. Kassen SC, Ramanan VK, Montgomery JE, Burket CT, Liu CG, Vihtelic TS, and Hyde DR. Time course analysis of gene expression during light-induced photoreceptor cell death and regeneration in albino zebrafish. Developmental Neurobiology, 2007; 67(8):1009-31.
6. Steel JC, Morrison BJ, Mannan P, Abu-Asab MS, Wildner O, Miles BK, Yim KC, Ramanan VK, Prince GA, and Morris JC. Immunocompetent syngeneic cotton rat tumor models for the assessment of replication-competent oncolytic adenovirus. Virology, 2007; 369(1):131-42.